eRetire is considered as one of the best web-based platforms that helps the employees in the planning and the management of all the retirement-related plans and schemes. This is fully secured and authorized by the USPS in the Liteblue portal. This service is provided for the well being of the around 620,000 employees who have worked for a long time with full passion and determination.
Liteblue also offers services like ePayroll and other utility services for its employees. In this guide, you will know about the various details of using the eRetire service along with specific information about accessing it using the online portal.
More About eRetire
eRetire is an online platform where you can plan and enjoy the retirement services. These retirement plans are made available by the USPS on the LiteBlue platform. Liteblue eRetire enables a wide range of services to all the employees including service report, retirement plans, payroll statement etc. You simply need to log in into your account and then select the best retirement plan that suits your eligibility and choice.
eRetire offers self-service plans to the employees that the users can commence their favorable plan at any time. In order to enjoy the eRetire options, You need to log in into your unique Liteblue account by adding your Employee ID and password. Then, you have to follow the given path “My HR > Employee Apps >eRetire” in order to have access to the amazing eRetire features.
USPS Employees Retirement Specifications
The employees are the most important human asset of any organization. USPS ensures that only those employees who are eligible in either of the given categories are entitled to enjoy the benefits of the eRetire portal. The two sets of categories are given below:
- Employees who are getting retired in 5 years – All the employees who are going through the last five years of their eligible retirement period fall under this category. They can estimate the eligibility criteria online using Liteblue portal. They can also compare it with the other retirement schemes in order to avail the best possible benefit from the service.
- Employees who are presently eligible or have 180 days (6 months) of their eligibility – All those employees who have 6 months of their eligibility for retirement or are presently eligible for retirement fall under this category. They can estimate their benefits from the retirement schemes. It enables them to plan accordingly. They can calculate from the dates of the following month or seven months from that date. They can also select 13 months from the eligibility of the retirement plan.
All the part-time workers or temporary employees can not avail this service and will only receive an additional estimate from their departmental head. Whereas all the full-time workforce can enjoy this eRetire service.
How to access LiteBlue eRetire
Given below are the three ways from which the employees can choose for accessing the USPS eRetire from the Liteblue website on their internet device:
- In order to access the eRetire option, you need to go to “Employees Apps” in the quick links located in the center of the home page and select eRetire.
- You need to select “ My HR” tab on the top of the navigation bar in the Employees Apps and click on eRetire.
- Go to the “Employee Apps” and click on eRetire which is located in the bottom of “My HR” webpage.
What USPS employees should do on Liteblue eRetire before retiring
There are mainly two kind of USPS employees and the eligibility retirement criteria of both are totally different from each other.
- USPS Employees retiring within 5 years – All the full-time employees who are eligible to retire within 5 years can simply visit the Liteblue eRetire portal. They can check the dates and print the estimated retirement dates that could be:
- USPS employee Retirement Eligibility Date
- Retirement Eligibility Date + 6 months
- Retirement Eligibility Date +12 months
- USPS Employees retiring in 6 months or are presently eligible for retirement – All the working employees who are presently eligible for the retirement of are eligible in the coming 6 months can visit the eRetire portal. They can check and print their estimated annual retirement dates which can be:
- 1stof the next month
- 1stof the next month + 6 months.
- 1stof the next month + 12 months
Apart from this, all the employees can easily print their retirement forms from LiteBlue eRetire or can request a package of the same from USPS. Also, the employees can interact in the retirement counseling session and discuss the succession plans and other information after 90 days but before their retirement.
eRetire is considered as the best service provided by the USPS to the employees. As you already know that the eRetire service is only provided to the full time working employees. For the temporary employees, they are merely given some estimated additional incentives at the time of their retirement. Using this guide you can have hands-on information about a plethora of useful information such as gaining access to the retirement schemes for the benefits of the USPS employees and the plans available, among others.